AS AN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Identify opportunities to introduce flow and visual management into processes and work alongside area leadership to implement
- Utilize process mapping, value stream mapping, and root cause analysis
- Capture manufacturing cycle time data in the production department, develop improvement plans, and execute action plans
- Create, review, and update standard work
- Maintain plant and workstation layouts to reflect the current state and to provide potential future state options to project leaders and management
- Lead improvement activity by facilitating kaizen events or acting as a project resource
- Develop area leadership through lean daily management process
- Train new employees on continuous improvement concepts in Orientation and in other settings
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS degree in engineering, manufacturing, or equivalent degree and a minimum of two years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing identifying opportunities for the efficiency of manufacturing processes and operations
- Experienced in lean manufacturing principles
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D for managing plant layouts
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
If qualified and interested, please apply online at www.emerson.com
We offer medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, , disability or protected veteran status.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE