By Bonnie Culverhouse
The City of Minden is in line for a grant that will allow the purchase and shipment of an outdoor fitness court at Victory Park.
According to information from the state, “The objective is to provide citizens a safe FREE place to exercise at a popular centralized public park to better fitness health, fight obesity and improve the quality of life.”
Budget for the project is not to exceed $100,000.
According to Louisiana State Treasurer John M. Schroder, the city has been given a deadline of June 30, 2023 to complete the project.
During a meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday, October 3, Minden City Council will vote on a cooperative endeavor agreement to receive the funds.
In other business, the council will vote on the following agenda items:
- Adopt minutes of regular session on Sept. 6, 2022;
- Adopt minutes of special session on Sept. 14, 2022;
- Adopt ordinance for annual bridge maintenance report;
- Adopt certification of compliance with State of Louisiana Off-System Bridge Replacement Program;
- Adopt 4 resolutions for and about application for a Louisiana Community Development Block Grant;
- Adopt a resolution for the Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire for th audit period 10/1/2021 and 9/30/2022;
- Annual audit engagement;
- Budget and financial report for August 2022; and,
- Police report for August, 2022.
Minden City Council meetings are held in Council Chambers at Minden City Hall. The public is invited to attend.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE