By Bonnie Culverhouse
Residents of Longleaf and Woodard Drive gave members of the Minden City Council an ovation Monday night, after the council voted unanimously to advertise for bids to fix their streets.
“If you drive down there today, you will see it’s as bad as it’s ever been. Every time it rains, it gets worse,” said Woodard Drive resident Tracy Campbell. “Fixing potholes only causes additional problems. It’s a temporary fix until the next rain comes.”
Campbell said the roads are so bad, vehicles are being damaged.
Minden Mayor Terry Gardner told the council this item is budgeted and “the funds are there.”
In other business, the council voted unanimously to approve the following items:
- Police department promotions: Sgt. Brandon Curry to the rank of Lieutenant, and Officers First Class Mitchell Hackett, Donald Brice and Jeremy Sitter to the rank of Sergeant;
- A new police department rank and roster;
- Ordinance No. 1117 to annex property belonging to Quick Draw Travel & Casino, 1703 Hwy. 531;
- A resolution to accept a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration for the Minden Airport titled Airport Coronavirus Relief Grant Program;
- A memorandum of understanding by and between JBL Communications LLC, dba V1 Fiber and the City of Minden;
- Budget/Financial report for April 2021; and,
- Police Report for April 2021.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE