By Bonnie Culverhouse
Minden Police are still working around seven men short, but Chief Steve Cropper wants to be sure his officers are rewarded when they deserve it.
On the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Minden City Council, are requests for two police department promotions: officers Reese Tewell and Christopher Cayer to the rank of Officer First Class.
Cropper said in April, Cayer and Tewell were given the Fire and Police Civil Service Board Police First class examination test and scored well above the needed percentile.
The council will meet 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 6, rather than Monday, due to the July 4 holiday.
In other business, the council will consider the following:
- Reappointment of General Leonard Miller to the Minden Municipal Fire and Police Civil Service Board;
- Condemned properties;
- Selection of the Official Journal;
- An extension of 30 days for the yearly audit by Wise, Martin & Cole;
- Adopt a resolution declaring three transformers as surplus property;
- Award a bid for 2021 street improvement projects;
- Hear the budget/financial report for May, 2021; and,
- Hear the police report for May, 2021.
The council meets in Council Chambers at Minden City Hall. Seating is limited, but the public is invited to attend.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE