By Bonnie Culverhouse
A public hearing, for the proposed 2021/2022 City of Minden budget will kick off Monday’s meeting of the Minden City Council, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Immediately following, will be the regular meeting.
The following items are on the agenda:
- Audit presentation for fiscal year 2019/2020;
- Fire Department promotions;
- Condemned properties;
- Approval of final plat for lot split of property owned by Green Properties of Minden, located at the corner of Tillman Drive and Marshall Street;
- Adopt ordinance for agreement with Centerpoint Energy granting them the right to construct, install, operate and maintain facilities for the transportation, distribution and sale of gas in the municipality;
- Adopt ordinance of tax mills for the year 2021;
- Adopt resolution adopting the City of Minden 2021/2022 budget;
- Adopt resolution declaring certain City of Minden property as surplus and fixing the terms of sale;
- Adopt resolution authorizing the execution of cooperative endeavor/purchase agreement with the City of Morgan City for one electric transformer;
- Budget/Financial report for June; and,
- Police report for June
All city council meetings are held in Council Chambers at Minden City Hall. The public is invited to attend, although seating is. limited.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE