By Bonnie Culverhouse
Members of the Minden City Council will be faced once again with adoption of the 2021/2022 budget when they meet today.
This is the third time the budget has been placed on the agenda, however, in the past it failed to pass (Aug. 2) or come to a vote (Aug. 19), due to a walk-out of two council members and the absence of a third.
In addition to the budget, the following items are on the agenda:
• Appointment of Karen Walker as City Clerk to replace interim Clerk Michael Fluhr;
• Adopt a new job description for Assistant City Clerk;
• Adopt resolution for Minden Airport Improvements funding;
• Adopt resolution of Police and Procedure for write-off for uncollectible receivables;
• Request for proposals for a solid waste contract;
• Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the State of Louisiana in order for the city to receive grant funds for the relocation and rehabilitation of the Minden Animal Shelter;
• Annual Audit Engagement, recommending the engagement of Allen, Green & Williamson, LLP;
• Budget/Financial report for July 2021;
• Police report for July 2021; and,
• Recognition of 2021 Minden Sweetees All-Stars as 2021 District Champions, Louisiana State Champions, third place World Series and World Series Sportsmanship Award Winners.
Normally, the council meets on Monday, but due to a holiday, the regular meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. today (Tuesday, Sept. 7) in Council Chambers at Minden City Hall.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE