By Bonnie Culverhouse
Several neighborhood residents can look forward to smoother rides as four street projects were approved unanimously last night by the Minden City Council.
Residents on Pine Street (from Goodwill Street north to the city limits) will see improvements, as well as Methodist Camp Road (to the city limits), Sheppard Street (from Spann to Fincher Road) and Country Club Circle (from Drake Drive to Homer Road). These improvements are 2021-2022 budgeted items.
“I am very happy about the Country Club Circle improvements,” said District E Councilwoman Pam Bloxom. “I have received a number of phone calls … in fact, every time it rains, I receive phone calls from the residents on that road. It has needed this for a long time.”
The council gave Mayor Terry Gardner and the city the authority to advertise for bids for those improvements.
In addition, the council unanimously approved advertising for bids for water improvements on Shreveport Road. It includes upgrading from 6 inches to 12 inches a portion of water main west of the water plant and an upgrade from 10 inches to 12 inches a portion of water main east of the plant.
In other business, the council unanimously approved the following items:
- Condemned properties;
- Add Juneteenth to the city annual paid holiday schedule;
- Surplus properties;
- Amend 2021/2022 city budget;
- Bids for Robertson Drive lift station project;
- Bids to repair and repaint the 500,000 gallon water tank;
- Bids for 2 return activated sludge screw pump parts;
- Budget and financial report for January 2022; and,
- Police report for January 2022.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE