Did you know?
- Ground cinnamon is classified as one of the most popular and the world’s oldest spices. This spice has a warm, but sweet aroma that can be used in your morning coffee or cappuccino. Ground cinnamon is mostly known for its mahogany color and savory taste. The best way to determine if your bottle of cinnamon is fresh is to smell the spice or you can always look for the expiration date on the container or package.
- Ground cinnamon can be used in casseroles, soups, chicken and lamb dishes, and roasting vegetables. Of course, cinnamon can be used in many baked goods, including cakes, cookies, and desserts. Try out the delicious recipe below!
Roasted Cinnamon Lemon Chicken
▢ 1 whole chicken
▢1 large red onion
▢1 small lemon
▢1 teaspoon of fine Himalayan salt
▢1 teaspoon pepper
▢1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
▢ ¼ cup olive oil
▢ 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place whole chicken in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and cinnamon over the chicken, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Thinly slice the onion and place it in the pan around the chicken. Add olive oil to onions.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and place them over the chicken.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions over the chicken and bake uncovered for 1 hour.
*Rotate the pan once after 30 minutes to ensure both sides cook evenly.
Please contact for more information about nutrition programs in your area.
Shakera Willams, MPH, Assistant Extension FCS Agent
Webster & Claiborne Parishes, 318 – 371-1371, email@example.com
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE