With kids going back to school, these freezer-friendly muffins are the perfect grab ‘n go breakfast! Watch the step-by-step recipe video here: https://bit.ly/BlueberryOat
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups oats
- 2 ½ half cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup apple sauce
- Start by loosening the flour with a spoon then you’ll spoon enough flour into the measuring cup until the flour overflows.
- Using the back of a knife, level off the top of the flower until it’s nice and smooth on top.
- Mix together the milk and the oats and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl until combined and then set aside.
- Now mix the applesauce, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir it a few times.
- Add in the oat and milk mixture.
- Add in the blueberries, you want to toss them with the tablespoon of flour. This will help the blueberries not sink to the bottom of the muffin pan whenever you’re cooking it.
- Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill in your muffin pan.
- Bake muffins at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes and then we’ll bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 minutes. For mini muffins, bake for 11 minutes.
(This recipe will make 24 large muffins or 48 mini muffins)
The LSU AgCenter and LSU provide equal opportunities in programs and employment.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE