By Bonnie Culverhouse
A public hearing on the proposed 2022/2023 City of Minden budget will kick off Tuesday’s meeting of the Minden City Council.
Following the hearing, the council will have the opportunity to adopt the budget as presented.
At the end of the 5:30 p.m. meeting, the council, mayor and public will recognize 2022 Minden Dixie Ponytails Softball All Stars, Minden Dixie Angels Softball All Stars and Minden Dixie 11U Baseball All Stars.
In between, members of the Minden City Council will consider the following items:
- Adopt resolution for airport improvements;
- Adopt resolution for a lease/purchase agreement for financing a street sweeper;
- Adopt resolution for agreement with La. DOTD for improvements at the Minden Airport;
- Adopt resolution to adopt the Residential Anti-displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan for LCDBG Program;
- Adopt resolution allotting funds for an outdoor fitness court;
- Authority to enter into a contract with KSA for engineering consulting services for proposed work at the Minden Airport;
- Budget/financial report for July 2022; and,
- Police report for July 2022.
The Minden City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. Mondays at Council Chambers at Minden City Hall. Due to the Labor Day holiday Monday, the council will meet Tuesday. The public is invited to attend.
A reception for the Minden Softball and Baseball All Stars will follow Tuesday’s meeting.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE