Did you know?
Pumpkin spice is a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger. It was originally intended only for use in pumpkin pie but has since been added to a variety of different recipes. Pumpkin spice does not contain any pumpkin. You can add ingredients, such as pumpkin puree to compliment the flavor of pumpkin. Pumpkin pie spice earned the name “pumpkin spice” because it was originally used in cakes and pies that contained pumpkin.
Pumpkin pie spice pairs well with various foods including, squash, sweet potatoes, breads, pies, cookies, soups, and oatmeal. Pumpkin pie spice also pairs perfect with beverages, such as coffee, smoothies, and lattes.
Here is a quick and easy recipe that you’ll love!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Overnight Oats Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Pour all ingredients into a small container (1–2 cup size) with a lid that fits tight.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Seal container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve for breakfast in the morning with chopped fruit or nuts, if desired.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE