This recipe for Taco Angel Chicken dates back to the beginning of The Copper Whisk (4+ years ago now!) We love this one as a go-to I always know everyone will like, especially for those nights when we are coming in after ball but still want a hot meal instead of fast food. The boys prefer this over angel hair pasta, and I have to agree it’s my favorite too!
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in strips lengthwise
- 1 (8 ounce) container softened cream cheese spread
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 (4 ounce) can Hatch diced green chiles
- Serve over pasta, Mexican rice, or mashed potatoes
Slice chicken and place in slow cooker. Combine cream cheese spread, cream of chicken, chicken broth, taco seasoning, Rotel, and green chiles in sauce pan on stove. Stir over low heat until well combined and cream cheese is melted. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over pasta, Mexican rice, or mashed potatoes.
(Ashley Madden Rowton is a wife, mom and published cookbook author.)
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE