By Tina Montgomery
When the Board of Aldermen for the Village of Dixie Inn meets tonight (Tuesday December 13) they will continue discussions for the purchase of a new police vehicle.
During the November police department report, Chief James Edwards informed the board the new 2023 Ford Interceptor SUV could be ordered with a specific delivery date indicated on the purchase order. That would allow the SUV’s purchase to fall under the Village’s budget for next year.
New business items the board will consider include:
- Release Dana James as Dixie Inn representative on the Webster Parish Sales Tax Commission
- Appoint Alicia Ware as Dixie Inn representative on the Webster Parish Sales Tax Commission
- Approve Mayor Hoffoss to sign the Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire (for audit engagements of government agencies)
- Adopt resolution 06-12132022 to appoint Lori McGarity for a two year term on the Board of Commissions, Fire Protection District #7
- Purchase of backpack blower for maintenance department
The board will also hear department reports from water/maintenance, police, aldermen and mayor.
This is the last regular session of the Board of Aldermen for this year. The meeting will be held at 5 p.m. at Village Hall located at 60 Shell Street in Dixie Inn. The meeting is open to the public.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE