Electrical fire closes Brookshire’s Tuesday

By Bonnie Culverhouse

A walk-in cooler fire sent Brookshire’s employees and shoppers scrambling for the parking lot Tuesday evening, according to new Minden Fire Chief Brian Williams.

“It was a small electrical fire in a cooler,” Williams said. “We extinguished it pretty quick.”

Williams said firefighters were dispatched to the Homer Road location around 6:25 p.m. It took less than 2 hours to ventilate the building and remove the smoke.

To report an issue or typo with this articleCLICK HERE