Cinco de Mayo is a few short days away, but even if you do not plan to celebrate, this dip is one you should certainly make and keep in your repertoire. Forget the regular “Rotel Dip,” and think a little bit more flavorful. This is so delicious and is perfect for nachos, tacos, a party, over baked potatoes, so many things!
I promise this will be your favorite too!
• 1 pound Jimmie Dean sausage
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
• 1 can Rotel
• 1 (4 oz.) can Hatch green chiles
• 1 (16 oz.) package Velveeta cheese
• 1 (8 oz.) container cream cheese
• 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
• 1/2 cup milk
• Sprinkle red pepper flakes
• Cilantro and green onions for garnish
• Tortilla chips for serving
In skillet cook sausage til done. Drain if needed. I use a soup pot for the remainder: melt Velveeta with taco seasoning, Ranch dressing, Rotel, green chiles, cream cheese, and Mexican seasoning. Stir on low until melted together. Add milk. Incorporate. Add sausage. Sprinkle to taste with red pepper flakes.
(Ashley Madden Rowton is a wife, mom and published cookbook author who lives in Minden, La.)