By Bonnie Culverhouse
Minden’s City Council will meet in a workshop to hear departmental reports at 4:30 p.m. today (Tuesday, Sept. 5) prior to the 6 p.m. regular council meeting.
Main Street, Building Official, Police and Fire chiefs, as well as the City Clerk will give reports, time permitting.
The council’s new budget will get top priority at the regular council meeting.
“We’ve had several workshops and one-on-one meetings about the budget, so I expect it to be passed with very few questions or issues,” said Mayor Nick Cox.
In other business, the council will address the following items:
• Adopt resolution declaring certain City of Minden property and fixing terms of sale;
• Opt into or out of the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness’ Temporary House and Shelter Assistance Program;
• Appoint Minden Main Street Program/Downtown Development Commission;
• Minden Police Department Promotions for five officers;
• Final Plat Approval for a lot split of property facing La. Hwy. 531 and Carey Lane;
• Authority for Mayor Cox to enter into a cooperative endeavor agreement between the city and Webster Parish Council on Aging to allow financial assistance from the city;
• Authority for Mayor Cox to enter into a cooperative agreement between the city and Webster Parish School Board to assist with 2 school resource officers;
• Authority for Mayor Cox to enter into a cooperative agreement between the city and Webster Parish School Board to provide schools with police officers during extracurricular events;
• Budget/Financial report for July 2023;
• Fire report for August 2023; and,
• Police reports for July 2023.
The public is invited to attend all workshops and meetings of the Minden City Council. The council meets at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at Minden City Hall.