Central Community Association recently held a fire prevention workshop hosted by Russell Myles of Heflin.
The workshop received several donations of smoke detectors from Ace Hardware, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Aeropres Corporation and The American Red Cross. Central Community Association passed out smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and raffled off smoke detectors.
More than 40 persons attended the workshop. The local fire department and volunteer fire department provided persons with information on smoke detectors and extinguishers. They also answered questions concerning fire prevention and passed out information for the children in attendance. The workshop was a success for the Central Community Association.
Article by Rhoshunda Myles
Photos by Tracy Kennon