By Bonnie Culverhouse
Members of the Minden City Council Monday voted unanimously to add a new officer and make a part-time officer full time, bringing the number to 31 – only one officer short of a full roster.
With only District D Councilman Michael Roy absent, Matthew Hicks became a full-time officer effective immediately with a 4-0 vote.
Dedrick Anderson Jr., son of a former Minden Police Officer, was told to report to Minden City Hall Tuesday to fill out applicable paperwork to follow in his father’s footsteps. The vote in favor was also 4-0.
“We have been very fortunate to have Matthew Hicks on our team as a part-time officer,” said Police Chief Jared McIver. “With the addition of both these individuals, our team of officers just gets that much stronger. We are very happy to have them onboard.”
Minden City Council also unanimously approved the following:
• A resolution amending the City of Minden 2022-2023 budget;
• An ordinance to amend Code of Ordinances to provide for payments by by credit/debit cards, agreements with credit/debit card companies, credit/debit card transaction fees and cancellation of agreements by the City of Minden;
• Condemned properties;
• Budget/Financial report for September 2023;
• Fire report for October 2023;
• Police report for September 2023; and,
• Recognition of National Night Out parties.