By Bonnie Culverhouse
A public hearing, for the proposed 2021/2022 City of Minden budget will kick off Monday’s meeting of the Minden City Council, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Immediately following, will be the regular meeting.
The following items are on the agenda:
• Audit presentation for fiscal year 2019/2020;
• Fire Department promotions;
• Condemned properties;
• Approval of final plat for lot split of property owned by Green Properties of Minden, located at the corner of Tillman Drive and Marshall Street;
• Adopt ordinance for agreement with Centerpoint Energy granting them the right to construct, install, operate and maintain facilities for the transportation, distribution and sale of gas in the municipality;
• Adopt ordinance of tax mills for the year 2021;
• Adopt resolution adopting the City of Minden 2021/2022 budget;
• Adopt resolution declaring certain City of Minden property as surplus and fixing the terms of sale;
• Adopt resolution authorizing the execution of cooperative endeavor/purchase agreement with the City of Morgan City for one electric transformer;
• Budget/Financial report for June; and,
• Police report for June
All city council meetings are held in Council Chambers at Minden City Hall. The public is invited to attend, although seating is. limited.