By Bonnie Culverhouse
An ordinance designed to keep juveniles safe and off the streets at night will make another appearance at tonight’s Minden City Council meeting.
After the ordinance failed at December’s meeting by a 3-2 vote, Mayor Terry Gardner said he intended to add it to January’s agenda.
Voting against the ordinance were District A councilman Wayne Edwards, District B councilwoman Terika Williams-Walker and District C councilman Vincen Bradford.
Also on today’s agenda are the following items:
- Elect Mayor Pro Tempore for 2022;
- Police officer rehire;
- Resolution declaring property as surplus and fixing the terms of sale;
- Resolution authorizing signatory power;
- A bid for a backyard track unit;
- Budget/Financial report for November 2021; and,
- Minden Police Report for November 2021.
Due to a holiday schedule, the council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, January 4, in Council Chambers, Minden City Hall. The public is invited to attend. Seating is limited due to COVID protocol.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE